Plans & Practices
Switch to Wightman, Contact-free!
As the global response to COVID-19 continues to evolve, now more than ever we know that our customers rely on us to stay connected, informed, and entertained. We have always prioritized the safety of our customers, our employees and our community, and in these uncertain times, this is no different.
Wightman is open to serve you. To reduce risk at all of our locations we will:
• Be screening anyone who enters our offices
• Face coverings are to be worn
• Ensure a physical distance of two metres or more between people
We have safe contact-free options to sign-up by phone, online or our web chat.
- Call our Customer Care team at 1-888-477-2177 Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 7:00PM, Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at wightman.ca/signup
- Chat online at wightman.ca to speak with one of our Customer Care representatives
- Technical Support team at 1-877-327-4440 available 24/7/365
Did you want to sign up for Fibre to the Home? There are many ways you can sign up using one of these contact-free methods:
- by phone at 1-877-863-4273 Monday to Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- by email email@example.com for Arthur, firstname.lastname@example.org for Stratford and email@example.com for Fergus/Elora, Fordwich, Gorrie & Wroxeter
- online at wightman.ca/signup
We understand that keeping in touch with your family, friends, and staying on top of current events during this time is especially important. Here are some of the ways we are helping you stay connected.
All Wightman internet customers enjoy unlimited internet service. There is no cap to your internet service, so you can surf, stream, and stay connected all day, every day.
All Wightman TV customers have access to free channel previews and on-demand content. You can find a list for all of our free previews here.
We would also encourage you to sign up for a Wightman SmartHub account, which lets customers easily manage and make changes to all of their Wightman services and pay their Wightman bills online through Wightman SmartHub. Learn more about e-billing here.
If you have any questions, our Customer Care team remains available Monday to Friday 8:00AM-7:00PM and Saturday 10:00AM-4:00PM by calling 1-888-477-2177 and our Technical Support team remains available 24/7/365 by calling 1-877-327-4440.
Frequently Asked Questions
Information in regards to equipment returns can be discussed with our Customer Care team at 1-888-477-2177 Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 7:00PM, Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM
Wightman offers convenient and simple options for you to pay your bill. Choose the method that suits you best:
- Sign up for e-billing through Wightman’s Self-Service Links at wightman.ca/my-wightman (click “Manage My Account”)
- Enroll in the pre-authorized payment plan through your bank or credit card. Call our Customer Care team to set this up for you
- Call our office to make a one-time credit card payment
- Online or Telephone banking through your bank or Financial Institution – you will need your 8 digit account number
You can do this with a call to our Customer Care team or through our self serve online:
- Call 1-888-477-2177 Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 7:00PM and Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM
- Log into your Smarthub account to access and manage your channels anytime.
You can access SmartHub through My Wightman
- For TV related issues visit our support page
For any questions about Wightman Fibre to the Home construction:
- Call us at 1-877-863-4273
- Send your question(s) by email: Arthur residents: firstname.lastname@example.org, Stratford residents: email@example.com, Fergus/Elora residents: firstname.lastname@example.org Fordwich, Gorrie & Wroxeter residents: email@example.com
If you are having issue with your mobile phone you can try to fix the issue by powering off your phone. Find helpful instructions in our Mobility support section here or our Technical Support team remains available 24/7/365 by calling 1-877-327-4440.
Cyber Safety: Best Practices Working from Home
Many companies have started to have their staff working from home where possible. This is now creating a better chance for cyber criminals to gain access to information than ever before. On top of that they are taking advantage of people’s fear.
This is a quick list of extra steps you can take to make working from home safer.
1. Connect to a secured network
- A wired connection is best.
- A wireless connection to a password protected SSID.
- Do NOT use public WiFi.
2. Connect to a VPN
- Creates a secure connection which data is passed through.
- DO NOT forward extra ports to your work PC or set it as a DMZ device on the router.
- Even on a VPN your PC is still only part of your home network.
3. Be careful of at home setup pictures
- No confidential information showing on your screen(s).
- No confidential information showing on papers or anything else at the workspace.
4. Be suspicious of COVID-19 emails
- Emails have been going around offering links to websites for data or supply purchases.
- Emails are trying to get people to go to websites to help malware spread.
- Emails are also trying to sell supplies just to gain payment and personal information.
- Some emails are spoofed very well and can make you think the source is authentic.
5. Be wary of COVID-19 websites
- Stick with websites you know and trust for COVID-19 information.
- Fake COVID-19 websites have been made which just want to infect users with malware.
6. Be wary of unknown apps and/or software programs
- Stick with the pre-loaded apps & software programs on your computer.
- Do not download Apps/programs/screen-savers etc. from unknown sources.
Need a faster internet connection?
Check out our Internet packages and get the speed you need for your household.