We are proud to be an award-winning, people-focused telecommunications provider serving
and supporting communities for over 115 years. We are passionate, committed, and dedicated
in everything we do – and it shows!
We are currently looking to add to our team and are recruiting for the position of Utility Construction Worker.
As a member of the Wightman Construction team, you will be engaged in all facets of underground utility construction which includes installation, pulling and jetting of underground fibre optic and copper cables, vaults, terminals, aerial service wires and perform buried service wire cutovers.
- Operate equipment including but not limited to cable plows, backhoe, directional drill, and vac truck.
- Install duct, vaults, terminals, fibre optic/copper cables.
- Assess job site for traffic protection and equipment setup as per Book 7.
- Perform daily maintenance of vehicles and machinery including visual inspections and checking fluids to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Expose and spot existing underground facilities and able to direct equipment operator to avoid damage.
- Read and interpret blueprints as well as locate sheets.
- Locate cables and perform buried service wire cutovers.
- Respond to after-hour damages as required.
Requirements we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of Utility Construction.
- Knowledge of fibre optic cabling.
- Driver’s License G class (A-Z class preferred) with a clean abstract.
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Previous experience operating equipment such as cable plows, backhoe, directional drill, vac truck would be considered an asset.
The majority of the Utility Construction Worker’s workday is spent outdoors in all types of weather conditions and requires physical demands such as lifting, carrying, kneeling, and bending. This requires our team members to have a strong focus on staying safe through awareness and training.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume no later than Wednesday, February 21st, 2024, to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all candidates for expressing interest in joining the Wightman team, only those candidates selected to progress in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer.