Posted Date: September 08, 2023
Closing Date: September 22, 2023
We are proud to be an award-winning, people-focused telecommunications provider serving and supporting communities for over 115 years. We are passionate, committed, and dedicated in everything we do – and it shows!
We are currently looking to add to our team and are recruiting for the position of Facility Locate Technician.
As a member of the Wightman Construction team, you will be responsible for the accurate, safe, and efficient locating of Wightman’s copper and fibre facilities.
– thoroughly search for underground facilities within designated areas, properly marking locations.
– creating clear documentation to support the cable locate using a laptop, hand drawings, and photographs.
– use and understand digital and analogue maps.
– working closely with the Provisioning and Construction team members.
– responding proactively to all locate jobs including after-hours requests.
Requirements we are looking for:
– A valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is a must.
– Solid understanding of the telecommunications industry with a focus on Outside Plant is preferred.
– Previous experience in telecommunications would be considered an asset.
– Post-secondary education in electronics is preferred.
– Excellent communication skills.
The majority of the Facility Locate Technician’s workday is spent outdoors in all types of weather conditions and requires physical demands such as lifting, carrying, kneeling, and bending. This requires our team members to have a strong focus on staying safe through awareness and training.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume no later than September 22, 2023, to email@example.com
While we thank all candidates for expressing interest in joining the Wightman team, only those candidates selected to progress in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer.